Backbase is proud to announce the release of Backbase CMS 5.0. This latest addition to the Backbase product family is a content creation, publication, and replication application that is tailored for use with Backbase Portal. Available as an add-on module, Backbase CMS 5.0 features the following:
- Powered by Alfresco 3.4 Enterprise Edition, an established and robust enterprise content management system.
- Web applications for creating, reviewing, and publishing content.
- A combination of loosely coupled publishing platform and delivery network that delivers a scalable, high availability content management solution.
- Support for replication from the content repository to the delivery network.
- Content types to promote consistency of content and associated metdata.
- Workflows for improved quality and optimization of the entire content management lifecycle.
- Example applications that demonstrate content type and workflow customizations.
- Online technical documentation at http://docs.backbase.com/cms/5.0.0.
- Extensive platform support.
- For product inquiries, please visit http://www.backbase.com/contact.
As part of Backbase’s roadmap a series of deep integrations with Web Content Management platforms is scheduled. In April 2011 Backbase released a out-of-the-box deep integration with SDL Tridion that leverages features that are unique for SDL Tridion’s Deployer architecture and capabilities like Blueprinting.